Training Manual for Home Support Workers - 2015 Version - ONLINE601E In Stock
PLEASE NOTE THAT IF YOU ARE ORDERING MORE THAN ONE ACCESS TO THIS MANUAL, WE REQUIRE THE NAMES AND EMAIL ADDRESS OF THE END USERS. ONLY ONE ACCESS CAN BE SET UP PER NAME AND EMAIL. THANK YOU.
When purchasing the online manual please allow 1 - 2 business days for access to be set up.
The 2015 ONLINE version of the Training Manual for Home Support Workers, features a stream lined training program to make it easier to provide in-service training.
CHPCA first released its Training Manual for Home Support Workers in the late 1990s. The project was a joint project with the Canadian Association for Community Care (CACC). The resource has been used across Canada in a number of different settings with great success. As with many training resources, training needs change over time. The CHPCA revised the manual in 2005 and then again in 2015.
The most significant changes since 2005 are:
- streamlining the training program, reducing the number of modules from 14 to 6 and making it easier to provide in-service training
- focusing on the integrated palliative approach to care, which involves integrating aspects of palliative care throughout the person’s illness trajectory rather than waiting until the last days or weeks of life.
This manual consists of six modules, each of which is designed to be delivered in 1 to 2 hours. However, it is possible to combine two or three modules to create a half-day or full-day training session.
EACH MODULE INCLUDES:
- Facilitators Guide: Notes for the facilitator/trainer that incorporate the slide presentation and suggest items to be highlighted for participants.
- Facilitator Slides: PowerPoint slides to help present each module to workers.
- Participants Slides: An identical copy of the slides to distribute to participants.
- Handouts : Exercises, activities and tips to distribute to participants.