28. ONLINE EVENT SERIES - Palliative Care for Patients with Dementia (Presented 7 Mar 2017)127E In Stock
The link and password to view the video will be emailed to you within approximately 24 - 48 business hours of purchase to the email address provided at checkout.
Palliative Care for Patients with Dementia
Description: This session will examine end-stage dementia (including Alzheimer’s) and palliative care for those afflicted.
Topics will include:
- Pain management, disease complications, and best practices.
- Learning objectives for this session:
- Understand the implications of late-stage dementia in the trajectory of the illness
- Prepare patients and/or families for the decisions involved in preparing for the terminal phase of dementia
- Explore the nature of treatments that often interfere with a comprehensive palliative care philosophy for end-of-life care in those experiencing the last stages of their illness
- Review the implications of treatments often sought under such circumstances, such as artificial nutrition and hydration and CPR
Presented by Mary Schultz and Michael Gordon.
This recording is $20 for unlimited access to the streamed recording. We cannot provide accreditation for those accessing the recording. You will need an internet connection to access the recording as it is streamed not downloaded. You will also need Flash Player or HTML 5 player and speakers to view/hear the presentation.